P.E. Students of the Month

How do we recognize outstanding students?

I'm all about motivating students who don't normally get recognized. A few years ago I joined a committee in our school that chose students of the month for each grade level throughout the school. However, a lot of the students that were chosen were not good students in the P.E. setting and vice versa! I found that I would have students in my P.E. classes that were excellent for me but had troubles with the classroom settings.

So I created P.E. Students of the Month. Each department member nominates one student from each type of P.E. class we have. We needed a good incentive also, so I reached out to our local fitness center. We recognize them with the following:

-Picture and posting on a hallway bulletin board
-Certificate found here: https://www.creativecertificates.com/physical-education-certificates/
-One month free membership to Water Street Fitness Center


P.S. I also post this in my quarterly newsletter to parents and on social media. My school is active on twitter and it usually get retweeted by my building principal and superintendent for parents and community members to see!!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sepak Takraw (Kick Volleyball)

Welcome Back